Hemi Truck Club banner

4.56 or stall or both?

888 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 ·
Hey yall. Been awhile since I posted but I have been following along. Life just gets busy.

So I put a cam in and some long tubes last year. Of course I lost the bottom. So my question is. Would it be beneficial to do a stall over gears or would it be best to do both?

08 dodge ram
2nd stage cam
Long tubes
Tune.

What yall think. As always thank you on advance

#2 ·
How tall are the tires? What is you plan for the truck?

#3 ·
Tires are the stock that come with it. 265 60r 20 I believe. Maybe 275.

It alrdy has 3.90 in it. It came from factory with 20 in rims.

My plans are just to have a streetable fast truck. I dont tow with it or anything. Really just my daily. But not even that cause I have a work vehicle too.

#4 ·
Gotcha, quick, nimble street truck...
Standard formula would be 2800 stall converter, 4:56 gear and DTT differential. I'm surprised at you losting the bottom end. The only time I felt I lost low end was being stock and switched to a Flowmaster muffler. And most all the bot ons and went to true dual exhaust. Do you have custom tuning (cmr)?

#5 ·
I do. I used Jay greene racing. Everything feels good on the truck. Just noticed that coming off the line I was a turd. Wasnt like that before cam and lt headers. I remember putting the long tubes on and thinking I lost some. Huge impact when I added the cam

#6 ·
Is it significantly stronger mid to high range?

#8 ·
An Edge 2800 tc will get the rpm's up into a more usable range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.