Hemi Truck Club banner

2004 ram 1500 5.7 4wd not working

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  72rtchallenger 
#1 · (Edited)
Have replaced shift motor an FMC an TCCM but no luck, the selector switch on the dash the 2wd 4lo 4hi all the lights come on when you first turn key on then out or should say all of them are very dim an seem out , the 4wd service light is on , no sound or anything when turning switch to any position , haven't found any bad wires yet but still searching , does anyone have any other input of what might cause this ? Does the Integrated Power Module (fuse box) have more control than I am aware to this,, all my scanner pulls is just an transfer case/mode error no other type of codes ,,

#7 ·
Yes fuse is good and getting power to TCCM ,,,an selector switch is new an it doesn't have a switch on transfer case like others do,, the mode sensor on shift motor I think signal comes from fuse box from research an may have corrosion there,,its the last place I narrowed down to other than tracing the plug from mode sensor back which is project for tomorrow along with blend door issues which is another story,, ,,I have ordered another fuse box IPM as it has issue with headlight on passenger side on dim,,I can shim the FMC and it will work on dim but I shouldn't have to do that and I replaced the FMC so I ordered a used fuse box to see if it helps headlight issue and might get lucky an help mode sensor from other post I have read they get corroded ,,after I replace it I plan on opening it up and see about corrosion and see if I can repair it or sent it off for a rebuild and keeping it as a spare ,,good thing I got truck dirt cheap for $500 as it runs good but had lots of issues but getting it straightened out slowly

#8 ·
Bringing the old girl back.. great project!...

#10 ·
been away awhile on this forum to many projects , but I did away with the electric shift , found a floor shift and was able to take the piece out of the electric actuator an cut off the piece that goes onto side of transfer case , I welded it to the lever that came with shifter and was able to convert very easy , had to flip over so linkage clears so pattern is backwards but works flawlessly now for past 4 years

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.