Hemi Truck Club banner

2003 TCM pin #10 mod done!

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  "GA.HEMI" 
#1 ·
After reading through some of the archives, I found mention of a mod to the 2003 TCM's only and decided to see what it was about. This mod onlt comes into play at WOT, and it definitely firms up the shifts. The shifts are still not where I would like them so I will still do a Transgo 45RFE-HD2 kit either this fall or next spring. Now onto pics...

Find the TCM and connector

Pull the connector and plastic cover...

Remove the red pin holder

And remove pin #10

#2 ·
Great step-by-step... thanks!

#3 ·
I got the procedure Courtesy of CentralTexHemi:

1)Disconnect battery
2)Remove the TCM connector by loosening the 8mm bolt (black plastic cover over wire bundle on passenger side firewall/inner fender corner).
3)Remove the plastic shroud over the connector wire bundle. Has 4 clips holding it on.
4)Locate pin #10 with the yellow wire/ green stripe.
5)Remove the red clip on the TCM side secureing the group of wires having pin #10. Be gentle, I found a small thin knife blade works well. Pry up a little on each corner of the clip at a time.
6)Once the red clip is removed, you will need a straight pin and a flash light. Using the flashlight, look down inside the connector where the red clip was and you will see a small tab holding each wire in place. Use the straight pin to pry the tab away from the wire slightly and at the same time push pin 10 wire into the connector then pull out. The wire should pull out fairly easy doing this step correctly.
7) Once out, replace the red clip, tape the end of pin 10 wire with electrical tape and bundle it on top of the wire bundle going into the connector. Replace the plastic shroud over the wire bundle then replace the connector into the TCM and tighten the 8mm bolt being careful not to over tighten.
8) Reconnect the battery

#5 ·
quote:Originally posted by JohnnyNitrous:
Does this only work on 03?
Yes... just the '03 models - the only year the PCM and TCM were separate units.

#7 ·
good to see pictures I still cant figure out how to get that darn little red part out

have to go over grandpa's house I'm sure he has something useful to get it out

#8 ·
Is this feature nulled when using the SC programmer?
What happens to functions of the truck?
I.E. shifting/braking/throttle response/OD
I thought this diabled ABS...

2003 4x4 w/SC intalled.

patches This message has been edited. Last edited by: patches906, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Thu, 07 Feb 2008 20:12:07 GMT-0800', '07 February 2008 11:12 PM')+''); 07 February 2008 11:12 PM

#9 ·
quote:Originally posted by patches906:
Is this feature nulled when using the SC programmer?
What happens to functions of the truck?
I.E. shifting/braking/throttle response/OD
I thought this diabled ABS...

2003 4x4 w/SC intalled.

patches
No
The shifts get faster/firmer. ABS and other systems remain unaffected.

#11 ·
ok guys
If I pull the wire and Pull a travel trailer doesn't it mess up the tranny???

because the torque could be too much for the tranny pulling a 21 ft traler that has a weight of 6400Lbs without water adn so on.

what is the thought about this.

thanks
Henk

#12 ·
The TCM mod affects the tranny's shift points at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) only... pulling a trailer should not be a problem.

#13 ·
Could you just cut the wire and seal up the ends?
Thanks,
Keven

#16 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.