Hemi Truck Club banner

09 1500 stuck in "4" after car wash

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  FAhemiST 
#1 ·
Anyone have an idea what is going on here.

Whenever I go to the car wash I put the truck in (N) because it is an auto roller car wash. Once I get out of the wash I put it back in (D) and it automatically goes into (4) and won't shift out.

Tried manually shifting - Nothing
Tried putting back in (P) then (D) - Nothing
Tried putting it in 4x4 then back to 2 - Nothing

Only way to get it back to (D) is shut off the truck then turn it back on and then works fine.

Tried going down the road put it in (N) coasted for a block put back in (D). Couldn't replicate the problem

#5 ·
I had the same issue a couple of days ago but I know my tranny is on the way out. I've been having codes for a bit now and shifts like ****. Just saving money to repair. There has been few other people that this has happened too. Locking in forth gear is the tranny limp mod. From a few othe people having this issue, was traced to a bad ground on the PCM. Check the wiring harness and clean the grounds. That has fixed a few people. With it happening to you in a carwash sounds like that is the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.