Thought for the week - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions) > Prayer Room

Old 12-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
KEN

Garage
http://youtu.be/Pc3KFjtys7g

http://youtu.be/mxnU8fWv7uU

You, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times -Micah 5:2

The bawling of sheep rang across the fields of Bethlehem. Migdal Eder, the Tower of the Flock, was the place where lambs destined for the Temple were born and raised. Every firstborn male lamb from the area around Bethlehem was considered holy, set aside for sacrifice in Jerusalem. Generations of hereditary shepherds tended the sacred flocks. They were common folk, used to many cold, lonely nights in the fields. As protectors of the sheep, they risked their lives to keep the animals from going astray ... and falling into the many ravines of the hill country.

After pouring their lives out into their flocks, the shepherds would separate the lambs, choosing only the perfect firstborn males to drive to Jerusalem. There the lambs would be purchased by those who wished to atone for their sins. On the same mountain where Abraham had offered his son to the Lord, the lambs would shed their blood and lose their lives as that atonement. It was an endless cycle.

When Christ came into the world, he said:

"Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me, with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased.
Then I said, `Here I am-it is written about me in the scroll- I have come to do your will, 0 God."' -Hebrews 10:5-7

John the Baptist called Jesus not only the "Son of God" (John 1:34) but also the "Lamb of God" (John 1:36).

The Firstborn Lamb of God would sacrifice his life to atone for the sins of all - a one-time perfect sacrifice, offered by the Father God Himself.

Where else would "the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29) have to be born if not Bethlehem, among the sacred Temple flocks?

http://youtu.be/zgmBSeCkHZE

_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Another great message, Ken. Thanks.