Thought For The Week - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions) > Prayer Room

Old 07-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
KEN

Garage
I came across a writing of one of my favorite authors this morning and wanted to share with you,for thought this week.

How to Survive This Storm
by Max Lucado
On January 12, 1888, a blizzard roared out of the skies of Canada and fell upon the Northern Plains of the United States. People of Montana, the Dakotas, and Nebraska felt the temperature drop 18 degrees in just three minutes. It kept falling, the wind kept howling, and the snow kept blowing. And within hours, a relatively warm winterís day became a frozen siege that took the lives of at least 250 people. The air was so thick with crystals that people couldnít breathe. Visibility was so poor that people couldnít see their hands in front of their faces. Meteorologists call this zero/zero visibility. A person canít see up or horizontally. As a result, a woman near Sioux Falls froze to death with her key in her hand just steps from her door. A husband and a wife died while walking in circles past each other in their farmyard. Most of the people who died, did so because they simply couldnít find their way out of the storm.

The ones who survived relied upon bearings and markers to show them the way. Like Mr. Cotton, the schoolteacher, and the two boys Andreas and Johann Graber. They set out from the schoolhouse in the direction of the Graber homestead. The wind laced needles of snow in their eyes. The drifts pulled on their feet. The whiteness covered the roads and trails. Soon they realized they had no idea where to go. Then the air cleared, for just a moment, and they spotted a row of trees. The boys recognized them as the fruit and nut saplings their father had planted. The trees lined a path from their front porch. If they could move from tree to tree, they would be home.

Maybe that is what you need. The sudden storm has left you blind, disoriented. Do you need a series of markers to guide you home? Make one. Through the years I have found this question a good one to ask in times of crisis. ďWhat do you still have that no one can take?Ē Granted, the storms can take much, but they canít take all. So, right in the midst of the snowstorm, (ER, County Jail, bankruptcy hearing,divorce,health issues,finanical issues,marriage issues,), make your list.

The promise of heaven

A family who cares for me

A God who knows me

Godís word to guide me

Make the list; then, like the boys in the blizzard, let it lead you to a safe place.

_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
KEN

Garage
I came across a writing of one of my favorite authors this morning and wanted to share with you,for thought this week.

How to Survive This Storm
by Max Lucado
On January 12, 1888, a blizzard roared out of the skies of Canada and fell upon the Northern Plains of the United States. People of Montana, the Dakotas, and Nebraska felt the temperature drop 18 degrees in just three minutes. It kept falling, the wind kept howling, and the snow kept blowing. And within hours, a relatively warm winterís day became a frozen siege that took the lives of at least 250 people. The air was so thick with crystals that people couldnít breathe. Visibility was so poor that people couldnít see their hands in front of their faces. Meteorologists call this zero/zero visibility. A person canít see up or horizontally. As a result, a woman near Sioux Falls froze to death with her key in her hand just steps from her door. A husband and a wife died while walking in circles past each other in their farmyard. Most of the people who died, did so because they simply couldnít find their way out of the storm.

The ones who survived relied upon bearings and markers to show them the way. Like Mr. Cotton, the schoolteacher, and the two boys Andreas and Johann Graber. They set out from the schoolhouse in the direction of the Graber homestead. The wind laced needles of snow in their eyes. The drifts pulled on their feet. The whiteness covered the roads and trails. Soon they realized they had no idea where to go. Then the air cleared, for just a moment, and they spotted a row of trees. The boys recognized them as the fruit and nut saplings their father had planted. The trees lined a path from their front porch. If they could move from tree to tree, they would be home.

Maybe that is what you need. The sudden storm has left you blind, disoriented. Do you need a series of markers to guide you home? Make one. Through the years I have found this question a good one to ask in times of crisis. ďWhat do you still have that no one can take?Ē Granted, the storms can take much, but they canít take all. So, right in the midst of the snowstorm, (ER, County Jail, bankruptcy hearing,divorce,health issues,finanical issues,marriage issues,), make your list.

The promise of heaven

A family who cares for me

A God who knows me

Godís word to guide me

Make the list; then, like the boys in the blizzard, let it lead you to a safe place.
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Thanks, Ken. The ending at the same as our sermon this morning.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
He's guided me a few times. Not sure why he bothered but I will always remember.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #5

that is good stuff
True Blue 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote