Thought for the week - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions) > Prayer Room

Old 10-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
KEN

Garage
"For You light my lamp; the Lord my God illumines my darkness." - Psalm 18:28

Why are children afraid of the dark? Maybe it's a fear of being left alone, a feeling of separation, their vivid imagination, or shadows in the dark.

The fact is, children fear the dark for many of the same reasons adults do. It seems many fears intensify in the night - causing many sleepless nights. But I have good news: God is with us wherever we go.

Read this portion of Psalm 139: "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the Heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

Like a loving Father, God offers us a hand to hold in life's darkest hours. He'll carry us through the darkness, and lead us where we need to go. Every time

_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
KEN

Garage
"For You light my lamp; the Lord my God illumines my darkness." - Psalm 18:28

Why are children afraid of the dark? Maybe it's a fear of being left alone, a feeling of separation, their vivid imagination, or shadows in the dark.

The fact is, children fear the dark for many of the same reasons adults do. It seems many fears intensify in the night - causing many sleepless nights. But I have good news: God is with us wherever we go.

Read this portion of Psalm 139: "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the Heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

Like a loving Father, God offers us a hand to hold in life's darkest hours. He'll carry us through the darkness, and lead us where we need to go. Every time
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Thanks, Ken!! I appreciate you taking time each for this thread. I always look forward to it.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote