Thought for the week - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions) > Prayer Room

Old 09-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
KEN

Garage
Thought for the week

Beauty for Ashes
To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair.
I have been amazed at the testimonies of some people when they tell me the way they used to be. I've looked at them and thought, There is no way they used to be that way. Jesus Christ has so radically changed them.

Isaiah 61:3-4 promises that God "will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory. They will rebuild the ancient ruins, repairing cities destroyed long ago" (NLT).

For the person who has made a mess of his or her life—a pile of ashes, so to speak—God says, "I will bring beauty." For those who mourn because of the wrongs they have done and the sins they have committed, God says, "I will bring joy out of it."

Only God can take a tangled mess of a life, turn it around, and transform it in such a way that you wouldn't even know that individual used to be a very different person. Not only that, but such a transformation gives hope to others who may still despair over the condition of their lives.

If you come to Christ and say, "Lord, here I am. Forgive me of my sin," He can transform you and change you. He can take your mistakes and your sins, turn them around, and even use them for His glory. When you commit your life to Christ, putting the broken, stained, twisted pieces into His hand, He will transform it into a thing of beauty

_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #2

Thumbs up

Great Message Ken

I'm reminded of the 'Thief-on-the-Cross' - a man that lived a total life of disaster BUT he saw the light of salvation in Christ in his last earthly moments and entered Heaven with Christ the same afternoon!

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Great message Ken. Reminds me of a local man I met several years ago. A drunk, gambler, crook and down right bad man. Has some stab wound scars to remind him of some of his exploits. Nearing death he saw the light. Turned his life around. Got a job, took care of his responsibilities and became a Christian. A very interesting man to sit and talk about the Lord with.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:55 AM   #5
KEN

Garage
Thought for the week

A God of Order

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."¯ - Romans 1:20
About this time of year, we’re getting a bit weary of the heat and find ourselves looking forward to the fall. The crisp coolness of the morning air, the beauty of the changing leaves. (And, of course, the excitement of FOOTBALL season.) This time of year really invigorates me! It’s easy to be enthusiastic about life when the world around us is so colorful.
The changing of the seasons reminds us that God created a universe where there is order. Fall follows summer every year. The seasons come like clockwork. So dependable are the season changes that we often take them for granted. The Bible tells us that even if we had no other way of knowing that there is a God, nature alone is enough proof of His existence. Creation shows us God’s power, and so much of His divine nature.
As you enjoy the change of seasons each year, I hope you’ll acknowledge the Creator of such beauty and majesty. He’s a God of order in creation and, best of all, His greatest desire is to have a personal relationship with you.
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
john

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to wolf_with_the_red_rose1969
now faith is the substance of things hope for the evidence of things not seen hebrew 11-1 cause in the end all we have is hope,,,,,

for we all come to him by faith believe not seeing,, that he created this world,, believe in the birth, death and recession, of our savior Christ Jesus,,, that thru him and him alone we are restored to the father,,, to fellowship thru faith not works that we are restored believing in him and him alone, that he loved us so much that thousand of years ago,,, Christ Jesus died on the cross for us
wolf_with_the_red_rose1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #7

Thumbs up

Hope is wonderful indeed for a multitude of things however -

In the Cross we have undeniable ASSURANCE which is the eternal blessing for all that believe .

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
john

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to wolf_with_the_red_rose1969
hay if any of you guys are in the western north Carolina area, my little church is having a baptizing tomorrow at Jackson county rec park at cullowhee nc, you'll comin out if u can, there baptizing about 30 i thank, we had a great revival the other week, my 7 year old niece is gettin baptized
wolf_with_the_red_rose1969 is offline   Reply With Quote