Thought for the week - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions) > Prayer Room

Old 08-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
KEN

Garage
Thought for the week

"So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him." (Jer 18:3)

Here, Jeremiah is speaking forth the words of God concerning the nation of Judah, they had ruined themselves by seeking after other interests besides the Lord and they needed to be refashioned. Notice that when God reworks His people, they are seen as "good". This message is also a message for us today.

The Great Potter is the Lord. He fashions each of us like clay, which is moulded on a potter's turntable. We notice that the clay on the first time around is marred, it is not the potter who is at fault, it is the clay. The interesting thing is that the potter could have thrown the clay away and started again. However he was patient, and began work on a new creation using the same clay.

This reminds me of the work of God in my life. I was living a life for myself with no direction. I was that marred clay. In fact, we are all marred clay because of the effects of sin.

The Potter, graciously took my life and began a new creation. This reworking of my life is an on-going process, and at times, impurities in the clay work outwards. The thing is, the Great Potter has not given up on me. He continues to shape my life as seems best to Him. My role in that is to be flexible and malleable in the hands of the Potter. I know at times He looks on and sees the need of smoothing rough patches, and at other times, He sees something of the purpose that He has in mind for me showing through.

The invitation to be shaped into a new creation is open to all. We are but clay, atoms of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and so on. We can fulfill a purpose for our lives that has been planned by the Great Potter, or refuse to do so and be like marred clay. Choose what type of clay you will be today.
JEREMIAH: 33 VERSE 3
He's still working on me - YouTube

_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Great lesson Ken. Thank you!

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

I've been shaped, re-shaped, and probably ready for a tune-up. Thanks, Ken.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #4

Thumbs up

Thanks Ken...
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote