12-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Albertville, AL
Thought for the season
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23
Scrooge is making a comeback this Christmas, reappearing in many hearts. So, are you more like Scrooge or like a Christian? Let's do some comparison illustrations:
- Scrooge is stingy as Hell. A true Christian is as generous as Heaven who gave us God's Son.
- Scrooge hoards all he can. A true Christian gives all he/she can.
- Scrooge fears he'll lose it all. A true Christian trusts in the Lord for all.
- Scrooge is haughty to the poor. A true Christian loves the poor and helps those in need.
- Scrooge worships at the Church of Dow Jones, while sometimes claiming belief in God. A true Christian worships the Lord and professes to be a sinner saved by grace.
- Scrooge resents joy in bad economic times. A true Christian feels joy for the Good News of Jesus' birth.
- Scrooge feels entitled to all he's earned. A true Christian feels thankful for what he/she has.
- Scrooge says, "Bah Humbug" to Christmas. A true Christian says, "Merry Christmas" because Jesus the Savior is born.
Are you like Scrooge or a true Christian? What would God say? It's time for the true Christian to shine for Christ this Christmas.