Thought for the Day - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions) > Prayer Room

Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
KEN

Garage
Ecclesiastes 7:29 This only have I found: God made mankind upright, but men have gone in search of many schemes.
God Will Find You

When I was thirtyfive years old, I can remember deliberately telling God that I was finished with Him. I gruffly told Him thanks for all that He had done, but this was my life and He wasn't welcome in it any more. I wanted to go my own way, do my own thing, and not be hampered by Bronze Age mythology or ancient morality.

God must have heard me because for the next 3-4 years I was on a path of self-destruction and joylessness. Like the writer of Ecclesiastes once wrote, I tried everything under the sun and found it to be meaningless. I got my fill of untold pleasures but my soul was empty. I ate and drank and made merry practically every night; in the morning, I hated the man in the mirror and just wanted to die, not because I was having a hangover, but because I was wasting my life.

At one time, through various people in my past, God had planted seeds of faith in my arrogant heart. Even as I was in search of many schemes to satisfy my body, mind, heart and soul, God was already making plans. And when He rescued me from my own rotting pit and nasty drunken self, He placed me back on the path that He wanted me to walk. I had dishonorably discarded God in the past, but He did not destroy my future. When I was unfaithful to Him, He remained faithful to His purpose. When I walked away, He kept an eye on me. And when I eventually turned back and surrendered myself to Him, God allowed me to get off my knees and work for His Son Jesus. I had searched many schemes, but Christ's predestined scheme for my life was not discarded by God.

Perhaps you also have walked away from God. Maybe you have been hurt by the church or wounded by church people. It could be that you don't want to be burdened by God's commands or Christ's demands upon your life. Or perhaps you just feel so far away, that you don't how to get back into God's good graces or Christ's embracing welcome.

Wait for Him to come to you. You don't have to run away any longer. God knows your weaknesses, your sin, and your secrets. Through Christ, you can be totally forgiven, completely restored and truly loved. Turn and wait. He will find you. He will rescue you. He will redeem you. You are a child of God's grace and a beloved friend of Christ.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, we've all gone astray at times and have done foolish things. We carry sinful regrets in our hearts and are burdened with shameful secrets. You have the power to forgive all things and You have the loving grace to grant that mercy to all of us. Thank You for such a wonderful gift! Thank You for such amazing love. In Your Holy Name, we cheerfully pray. Amen

_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
KEN

Garage
Ecclesiastes 7:29 This only have I found: God made mankind upright, but men have gone in search of many schemes.
God Will Find You

When I was thirtyfive years old, I can remember deliberately telling God that I was finished with Him. I gruffly told Him thanks for all that He had done, but this was my life and He wasn't welcome in it any more. I wanted to go my own way, do my own thing, and not be hampered by Bronze Age mythology or ancient morality.

God must have heard me because for the next 3-4 years I was on a path of self-destruction and joylessness. Like the writer of Ecclesiastes once wrote, I tried everything under the sun and found it to be meaningless. I got my fill of untold pleasures but my soul was empty. I ate and drank and made merry practically every night; in the morning, I hated the man in the mirror and just wanted to die, not because I was having a hangover, but because I was wasting my life.

At one time, through various people in my past, God had planted seeds of faith in my arrogant heart. Even as I was in search of many schemes to satisfy my body, mind, heart and soul, God was already making plans. And when He rescued me from my own rotting pit and nasty drunken self, He placed me back on the path that He wanted me to walk. I had dishonorably discarded God in the past, but He did not destroy my future. When I was unfaithful to Him, He remained faithful to His purpose. When I walked away, He kept an eye on me. And when I eventually turned back and surrendered myself to Him, God allowed me to get off my knees and work for His Son Jesus. I had searched many schemes, but Christ's predestined scheme for my life was not discarded by God.

Perhaps you also have walked away from God. Maybe you have been hurt by the church or wounded by church people. It could be that you don't want to be burdened by God's commands or Christ's demands upon your life. Or perhaps you just feel so far away, that you don't how to get back into God's good graces or Christ's embracing welcome.

Wait for Him to come to you. You don't have to run away any longer. God knows your weaknesses, your sin, and your secrets. Through Christ, you can be totally forgiven, completely restored and truly loved. Turn and wait. He will find you. He will rescue you. He will redeem you. You are a child of God's grace and a beloved friend of Christ.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, we've all gone astray at times and have done foolish things. We carry sinful regrets in our hearts and are burdened with shameful secrets. You have the power to forgive all things and You have the loving grace to grant that mercy to all of us. Thank You for such a wonderful gift! Thank You for such amazing love. In Your Holy Name, we cheerfully pray. Amen
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Thanks,Ken.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Amen!!!!! I'm sure I',m not the only one that fits.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Board of Directors

Garage
Thanks for sharing that, Ken.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #6

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #7

thanks ken. Doug you are right we all fit that description at one time in our life. i am just glad that one of the many gifts that god gave us. is the gift of freewill to make our own choices and the ability to ask for forgiveness.

peace be with all of my hemi brothers and sisters..

"NO POWER IN THE VERSE CAN STOP ME." well... except maybe my wife

2006 4x4 sport QC

click below to see my truck

cold turkey on Sept. 28, 2009 at 0530

"Whenever anyone preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against the other, through class warfare, race hatred or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives...and we know what to do about it. Working together to produce an ever greater abundance of material and spiritual values for all. That is the secret of American prosperity."
IWANTMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #8
5.7 Hemi Laramie Longhorn

Garage
Although this is an old thread, the subject matter never gets old.

I'm always amazed at the television programs that continually try to convince the viewing audience that ancient astronaut aliens brought the indigenous species of humans to the earth.

US Army Retired - 11B40 1964/'85
Silvercreek is offline   Reply With Quote