Hemi Truck Club banner

heart attack

3K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  bada44 
#1 ·
My son inlaw has had a heart attack. He is in the third hospital and has had several operations. His heart is damaged and he is on support. I have the grand kids watch while my daughter stays at the hospital. She has had a tough time recently with everything that has happened...

#3 ·
Prayers being said for you all

#4 ·
:prayersent:

#8 ·
you know your Hemi Friends are here and will always Keep you and your loved ones in positive thought and Prayer.

#9 ·
Things have not gone as well as we had hoped for. He's now having a dual device installed this morning to assist with both the heart and lungs function.

#11 ·
The surgery is doing what it was intended to do and that is prevent further damage and allow his heart /lungs to rest a little. He is in an induced comma resting. The pump install is scheduled for Monday. Appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. He's in a serious situation.

#12 ·
My son inlaw is out of surgery and now has LVAD and RVAD. These will keep him going until a heart is available for transplant. It's called "bridge to therapy".
Thanks for the support, it's been scary but now we have hope.

#13 ·
That's about as good as the news can be. Does he get to go home then? What's the ETA on getting a heart? Hopefully everything works out! That's got to be tough for the grandkids.

#14 ·
Yes it is good news, after 2-3 weeks he should be able to go home. There's no telling when a heart might be available so he could be using the pumps for months or even years. It won't be a completely normal life, but one with a light duty chit. He'll need to stay within 3 hours of the hospital encase they get a heart for him. It's going to be different, that's for sure.

#15 ·
That's great that he gets to go home :thumb:

#17 ·
He continues to improve, the goal for the day was to get him to sit in a chair. Then had ice chips and pudding. Hoping to remove feeding tube maybe Monday. He's doing good.

#20 ·
I'm back in VB watching the grand kids so my daughter can stay in Richmond at the hospital. He's physically doing better day by day, but has a lot of confusion about what is going on.

#23 ·
He is walking a little everyday regaining strength. Should be coming home this coming week. He is doing well. Thank you for all of your thoughts.

#25 ·
Glad to hear he's doing better.

#26 ·
I just received a text saying he is home playing video games with the kids. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.