Hemi Truck Club banner

Bonnie arrhythmia and cardioversion

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Mrs.BIG BLUE 
#1 ·
Bonnie has been really weak for some time. Her cardiologist has her in Lourdes Hospital in Paducah. I found out today her recurring trouble with arrhythmia is back and may be the root cause of her feeling so bad and being so weak. The doc has started her on a drug that is supposed to get her heart back into a proper rhythm. By tomorrow morning if the drug hasn't done enough they plan to do a cardioversion, where they sedate her and use a defibrillator to shock her heart into the proper rhythm. That's all I really know right now. When I know more I'll post an update.

I'm doing ok. Just very concerned and prayerful that Bonnie gets better.

See less See more
#3 ·
very well could be the cause. i had a cardioversion in 2009 and with the drugs they use you don't remember a thing. i do remember how tired i was and no energy. after i felt like a million dollars for 2 weeks then other crap start to raise their ugly heads ( not related to the heart problem) and lets just say it has been a long road back. you just make sure you get some rest so you don't get sick......

#6 ·

#7 ·

#11 ·
Hope she is better soon. Take Care! Keep us posted. I know 2 people with issues, I think they call it A-Fib. One is a guy in early 50's the other a girl late 30's to early 40's. They both have to periodically get their heart stopped and re-started. They seem to be okay when they aren't having the issue. And the treatment seems to help even though to the lay person it seems extreme.

#12 ·
The doc did the procedure today. Afterwards he told me he thinks her heart is ok but she has problems with her lungs. Of course I knew that already. But Bonnie seems to be doing somewhat better. Time will tell. She will stay in the hospital at least one more day. When she comes home I have our friend Wanda on standby to lend a hand. We have a guest room she and her little girl Shelby can stay in. Shelby is going on 8 years old, so she can help some too.

#16 ·
Bonnie called me this evening from her new room in the TCU. She was a little scared because she didn't really understand what it was all about. Her comprehension is pretty low sometimes right now. So naturally I made my 3rd trip of the day to the hospital to reassure her. I held her hand, rubbed her back and told her everything will be fine and they are going to help her get stronger with physical therapy. She settled down and relaxed and when I came back home she was feeling a lot better about it. She thanked me for coming up there again and I told her when she needs me I'll be there, wherever "there" happens to be. No problem. That's what husbands do.

I'll be making my twice daily visits to see her while she's in TCU.

#18 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.