What do you have.... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 06-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
AZ 04 HEMI

What do you have....

to protect your baby from the bad guys?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #2

What do you have....

A DEI Python 871XP w/ Remote Start.
Go Navy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #3

What do you have....

My personal opinion on alarms is that they are useless. If someone wants it, they WILL get it. They are VERY easy to bypass. And, what are you going to do when that pager goes off? Unless you have a gun and plan to use it, there is no telling what they have and what they will do.
1FASTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
AZ 04 HEMI

What do you have....

yes i do and yes i will but most likely not for my ride now but as i dump more money into it i should look at trying my best to keep the amaturs away plus to give a description and which way they are headed would be more than just coming out and finding it gone.

But i do understand what your saying... it just amazes me that no-one has come up with a better security system to keep people from jacking your ride that doesn't require an arm guard and/or monthly costs
Old 06-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #5

What do you have....

The main reason people take cars is cause they can't get the stereo out right then and there.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #6

What do you have....

Quote:
quote:The main reason people take cars is cause they can't get the stereo out right then and there.
I have four mini piezo sirens (1 in each corner of the cab). I've tried to get inside to get something out, and could not stand the noise. Just my 2 cents.
Go Navy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
AZ 04 HEMI

What do you have....

well i don't give in to the fact that there isn't much that can be done to keep people from taking your vehicle ... i think the problem is the installation of the alarm and that is usually why they can be bypassed so easily.

This is a guess on my part i am going to do some research on this. I think there has a be a better solution than just simply buying a retail alarm and installing it. i am sure there are better steps that can be made during the install to enhance your security. thats why i would love more information on how people are securing their vehicles
Old 06-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #8

What do you have....

Put a kill switch in it. You can put and alarm in any car and i garuntee I can get into it without anybody even knoing what's going on. My buddy had one that paged you when the doors were open and all that, pager never went off when his truck got broken into.

The sirens in the corners are great. But all it takes is a power surge, like when you hook-up another battery, to blow everything. That's the MOST COMMON way to get a car is just surge the electrical system and then put in the fuses and relay they need to drive it.

Make a switch so your ashtray has to be open in order for your car to start. If they can't firgure it out with in 1 minute they are gone.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #9
AZ 04 HEMI

What do you have....

i am proably going way out in outer space with this but what if you built a seperate electical system for just your alarm system and sensors with a seperate hidden battery?

there would need to be a a way to charge the hidden battery but then cut it off when the system is armed ... i am prolly way out in left field but hell thats how we got most of our technolgy in the first place

sure would like to hear from our electrical experts on this
Old 06-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #10

What do you have....

That WOULD work, it would not be fune though. Whatever you deside to do I am more than willing to help you install it.