Unlocking Eclipse Deck w/o security CD - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 PM   #1

Unlocking Eclipse Deck w/o security CD

I received an email tonight from the man who bought my jeep when I bought my truck. Long story short, I left very specific instructions that the CD in the glove-box that I had guarded like Fort Knox for years was the unlock CD for the deck. This information however, was not passed on to him. He says he found the CD in the glove box and didn't realize what it was for and listened to it once. Wasn't his type of music so he tossed the CD. Now, one battery change later and a disabled CD player and the broker we dealt with on the trade recalled the instructions I had left about the CD being the only thing that would unlock the deck.

I don't recall what the CD was because it wasn't my sort of music either. It was some darned Rap CD from years ago that I was given when I bought the deck used. I only used it when I needed to unlock the stereo after a battery change.

I would like to help the man out. He called Eclipse and of course they want him to send the deck to them and charge him out the wazoo to reprogram it. Does anyone know if there is an override for that darned security CD? If I can locate the guy I bought it from and if he recalls the name of the CD, can another be purchased that will work or does it key off of a specific serial number on the CD so that another copy wouldn't work?

Any help would be appreciated. I have always hated this about the Eclipse decks. I don't really see this as a theft deterrent. A thief isn't going to stop and check the make and model of the unit before breaking into a vehicle and ripping out the unit anyway. It's just a pain in the keyster for those who lose or unwittingly get rid of the precious unlocking CD.

Thanks in advance.

Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #2

I had an eclips unit and if the CD was a store-bought CD (not home-burnt) then a new copy will work perfectly. I remember using C&C Music Factory as my CD because I never listened to it and could keep it in my toolbox.
See if you can remember what the CD was, or try to contact the guy you bought it from. In the meantime, I can do some checking about how to bypass that some other way. I'll need to know the model number.
440 SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #3

I talked to a friend of mine from Circuit City and he said that you or the guywho owns the Jeep now should just have to call Eclipse with the serial # and they should be able to take of the problem without the headunit being sent to them.
Hemi Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #4

440- I emailed him for the model number - it's been long enough I don't remember it.

HemiJeff, He had already called Eclipse before contacting me. They said they couldn't/wouldn't help him. This unit is approx. 8 or 9 years old.
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:01 PM   #5

Yeah, it says right in the owner's manual of Eclipse unit that they won't unlock a unit unless it's the original buyer and you send the unit in.
440 SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:05 PM   #6

Well I guess he's on his own then. I will always keep that in mind when purchasing a new headunit. I dont want to go through the hassle of having to enter unlock codes and things like that. Its another thing to either remember or forget and if you forget then you have to wait. If they wnat it they will take it no matter what.
Hemi Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #7

I have an eclipse deck myself and it's pretty awesome. Here is some stuff I was able to dig up real quick.

"on the bottom of all eclipse units to my knowledge is two (2) solder
points that are visible through the chasis, if you take something like
a paper clip and open it up so you got a "V" shape, you can make
contact with these two terminals, and that should reset everything
back to factory specs, that is what eclipse does when you (as the
registered owner) send your unit in to them when it (the H/U) sceams
"call 800", or "help"... and this will save you a two to four week
wait, BUT YOU DIDN'T HEAR THIS FROM ME, I don't want someone at
Eclipse getting pissed at me because "I Let Out Their Secret"
I'm just don't feel it's fair to go so long W/O a toy. but now that I
let the cat out of the bag, i'm probally gonna be sorry because alot
of items will end up stolen now, and now their "ESN" means nothing, SO
FORGET YOU READ THIS AND SEND YOUR UNIT IN, YOU CANNOT FIX IT, YOU
NEVER READ THIS, I DO NOT EXIST, THIS THREAD NEVER EXISTED, IT IS ALL
FALSE, NEVER MIND, DO NOT READ THIS, just go about your marry little
way and pretend all this is a heap of Sh*t, and everything I spew out
of my mouth is false."
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #8

KB112
Watch out for those guys in the black lincoln town car sitting at the end of your block.
Eclipse is gonna get ya!!!!
LMAO
StLucieHemi is offline   Reply With Quote