Sub Boxes - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 08-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #1

Sub Boxes

So, in the past I have had 2 10" JL W3 v2's in 2 boxes under the rear seats. They are separate boxes, I don't know why. They sounded real good for sound quality purposes but for my bassaholic ***, it was not enough. So I traded up for a RE SE 12" in a small enclosure and keep it in the back with the smaller seat in the split bench up. It sounds GREAT and shakes the truck up well. Nothing competition, but enough to get me into my music. So then I buy one of those console replacement boxes for a 10" and fab it so it fits the 12" by lifting it a little and ofcourse widening the opening. It sounded a little better because it was pointed down, but it lifted what looks like the middle seat up about an inch and a half and it just looks wrong. So I reverted back to the old small box in the back seat for now.

I am either going to go with one of those prefab fiberglass from the super crew deal and go with 2 square subs, get another RE SE 12" and buy the fox box for the 12's assuming the magnet fits, or fabing the console box down to fit the 2 JL's and leave the little box in the back alone.

I hate not having it sound the way I want to without sacrificing space but damnit...these trucks are HARD to fit subs into without serious modification.

After that if I'm STILL not happy, I'm ripping the back seats out, welding the doors shut and fitting two Cerwin Vega strokers

whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #2

Sub Boxes

How messed up is the middle box for the front seats? Why did it move up with the 12? Do you want to sell it? What color is it? Got a pic?
Dan O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #3

Sub Boxes

It's not messed up at all. It's the one the guy sells on ebay that comes with the matching OEM fabric. It was originaly for a 10" sub and I had to modify it to fit a 12". On his ebay site he says the 12" box comes up a bit. It's that slate grey color. Not ready to part with it yet, but I'll let you know when I am.
whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote