Hemi Truck Club banner

stock speakers

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Hemi Dave K 
#1 ·
I want to replace the stock speakers in the door of my 04 2 door. I want something midrange in price. maybe around $100.00

#4 ·
Alpine has a budget series speaker line. Are they 6x9 in the door?

#5 ·
Havent had a chance to pull door panel off to check but I will.

#6 ·
I persoinally have had good luck with the Alpine speakers. I got one set at Best buy for like $60 in a 6.5 size.

#7 ·
The Kicker replacements are great for under 100.00

#8 ·
Id like to know more about the kickers too. You have a link or something?

G
#9 ·
ebay
..i had a set of eclipse 6.5's on there..they were like $129 at futureshop....got the winning bid of 10.50
brand new in box never opened and they were local so i picked them up for 5 $ "handling" charge

#11 ·
what rms power range should I be looking for. Just want something better than stock.

#12 ·
You know I would say something around 100-200 rms.
Its like putting 44's on a Mazda B2000 2wd. Yeah you got 44's but you dont have the juice to move them.
So I would shoot for something low rms. Im not sure what the factory amp or head unit uses but the lower the RMS the better and stick with a name brand not joes speakers I would say and you should be fine. I ran the Alpine "E" and "S" series speakers with about 50 to 60 head unit watts which is like maybe 10-20 clean.

#13 ·
This is what my jensen puts out.

DVD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels, CEA-2006 compliant)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.