Stereo Upgrade - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 02-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #1

Stereo Upgrade

Finally got around to instaling my stereo gear about two weeks ago.

I installed an Alpine 9885 HU with my IPod in the glove compartment. I put 3.5", 5.25" and 6x9" in their respective locations. My old setup didnt have the 3.5"s in the dash so I got some to put in those open holes. I installed my three amps, a sub amp under each seat and the mid/high amp on the floor between the two subs behind the seats. I took the molded plastic cargo tray out and donated it to the local dump.

I used monster cable wire throughout. I guess the hardest, and actually most fun part, was taking everything out of the truck. I pulled the seats, rear lower and upper trim panels, back wall trim panel, frint kick panels and carpet out. I had nothing but a bare cab in my garage. This was kind of daunting, but made things so much easier for the install.

After driving the truck for two weeks, and getting the tune mostly accurate. I can say this thing rocks. I can really hurt some eardrums with the amazing treble and rumble your gut with the bass. Overall, well worth the time I took to do everything right the first time.

UsmcMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #2

Stereo Upgrade

Which Kenwood amps did you get? Did you use any Second Skin or Dynamat?
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:20 AM   #3

Stereo Upgrade

Good Job UsmcMan96!
Birdshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #4

Stereo Upgrade

Congratulations, car audio it's an art, you appreciate it more when you do it yourself.
I have allot of fun doing it that is why I'm' constantly changing my setup, I'm working on a fiberglass enclosure for under the rear seats, it's messy, it stinks, time consuming but still fun, almost ready for a test.
sppb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #5

Stereo Upgrade

running three amps did you upgrade you grounds on the alternator and battery? I have heard this helps with lights dimming, which is what I am running into right now, I have a rockford fosgate capacitor but have not installed it yet, as I dont know where I am going to put it!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote