Security alarm constantly going off - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 08-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #1

Security alarm constantly going off

Can someone tell me how to reset my alarm or tell me why my alarm keeps going off. After I shut my door and hit the alarm I normally hear my horn blows then that is it, now few seconds after my horn blows head-lights & tail-lights will flash and horn will sound, this goes on several times and alarm will go off as some one is breaking into it. I then turn my alarm off, give it about a minute or two then I set my alarm again. Same thing happen, started yesterday, I did not have anything installed or added or modified other than Cold Air Intake system a month ago.

Can anyone tell me how to reset it? I took it in to Dodge Dealer (not where I bought it) near my work since this is happening and dealer told me they can't work on it since it was after market alarm, but I purchased this truck NEW with everything they see and on top of that alarm is part of the key so I don't understand to why they can't work on it and have owner have to go back to dealer where they purchase the vehicle from...what if the owner is in another state or county? This to me is lame so I called my dealer and service adviser just said "Oh" and he said maybe that is the case as he has no clue either....I can't believe we have to deal with people as such.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

BlackDragonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #2

I called the Fleet manager that I purchased my truck from and she contacted security/alarm person from Ford dealership same owner of several dealers in AZ. I went to see the person and he ended up turning sensitivity level down, had to go back twice before it stopped going off on me. I don't know why it will out of the blue got so sensitive. I will see what happens now....I don't want my alarm to be not sensitive where someone breaks in and alarm will not sound.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
AZ 04 HEMI

im not expert but it sounds like you may have a bad sensor or a short in your wiring.

Does the system have a hood pin sensor? Perhaps during your install of the CAI it got knocked around a bit.

Just some thoughts for you to check on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #4

I'm not understanding something...is it a factory alarm or an aftermarket alarm that was on it when you bought it?

The factory alarms don't have a hood pin, but most aftermarkets do. In that case, I agree with AZ04Hemi.
440 SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #5

Its an after market alarm that was on the truck when I bought it.....same alarm system used on all Trucks & Cars from Earnhardt Ford/Dodge/Toyota/Hundai is what I was told.

I took it in and the owner of the security alarm company lower the sensitivity level, seems to be working fine now. I will test to make sure he did not turn off the motion sensor to get rid of me that day.