satellite radio help - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 12-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #1

satellite radio help

Anyone know off hand if the stock radio in an 05 hemi durango has an input jack in the back for a sirius satellite radio? If not, is there a way to make it work or do I need to buy a new stereo?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1417722940899.jpg (68.9 KB, 3 views)

pri_i_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
Matt

Garage
Are you asking about a regular input jack like is on the front of my stereo?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140723_204453.jpg (47.9 KB, 1 views)
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

MANual_puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #3

Looks like yours is slightly different. Basically im just wondering if there is something on the back because I dont see anything on the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
Matt

Garage
yeah, they're different, mine's just a single disc. I just included the pic to show the jack on mine. I can tell you that there wasn't anything like that on the back of mine when I had it out and apart. Just the antenna in and the normal radio harness with power in and speaker wires out. Typically there isn't a hidden input on the back of car stereos. I can't speak for your particular radio but I wouldn't get my hopes up of getting it to work the easy way. So I take it you're keeping the rango for a while Glad it's still running good!
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

Old 12-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #5

Well aren't you just the bearer of bad news??..lol. kinda like when I was told "looks like youre rebuilding the motor" by a certain someone who DEFINITELY knows what he's talking about...lol. Yea I think we're gonna keep it for a while. Been running great so...fingers crossed...lol

I guess I'm in the market for a stereo. I would like to stick with a stock stereo if possible but with the jack for the satellite radio. I'm getting it for my wife for christmas and it's gonna suck if I cant install it for her
Old 12-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #6

Interested in trading for a 6 disc stereo????...lol
Old 12-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
Matt

Garage
They make some decent plates that fit almost any stereo seamlessly....problem is they look goofy with the wood grain looking dash I've looked into upgrading mine too because my cd player doesn't work, same problem...can't find a way to install it so it looks like it is supposed to be there.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #8
Matt

Garage
Sorry, I can't trade off a broken radio and sleep at night lol

Old 12-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #9

Definately understand that....lol
Old 12-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #10
john

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to wolf_with_the_red_rose1969
if u doing the non built in satellite radio in other words the little unit that sets beside the main radio most of those i seen have built in RF transmitters that work with a radio on a FM station i use to sell electronics been out of the field for 6 years tho as for the best place to found stereos there is still crutchfield they have the best prices i have found they offer the instill kits free if ur price is over 130 dollars i thank... they also have stereo units with built satellite radios and u mite check out youtube they mite be a video showing how to install one i know there is on mine it is the single dmm tho

Find what fits your car - Crutchfield