Pioneer or Kenwood? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 11-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #1

Pioneer or Kenwood?

Well, I talked to Crutchfield and on the 08's, a fold-down faceplate will not work because of the dash install kit. The face catches. That really limits the amount of h/u to choose from. I've always been an Alpine kinda guy, but they don't make any "good" non-flip-down h/u's. I don't know much about Pioneer or Kenwood, but on the Crutchfield forum some people said that Pioneer's have kinda "hiss" like an old tape player. Does anybody know if that's true? Here are 2 models I'm looking at. Pioneer DEH-P4000UB and Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X592. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

hemi ram 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #2

Pioneer or Kenwood?

I'm pretty sure I have seen people on here post pics with flip downs on 08 Rams.
whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
bigbluehemi

Pioneer or Kenwood?

me sony gt 720..pretty sweet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #4

Pioneer or Kenwood?

08 QC with alpine deck, flip down just have to put a little spacer in before putting the cage in and it clears just fine,

Answer the main question here, Pioneer radios that have been USED or hooked up to Memphis or Audiobahn amplifiers have a shorted diode on the rca circuit, causes hiss or engine noise, the only way you get hiss out of a radio is the media your using, cd, how it was recorded, and or the way recorded, how much equalization your running, etc. all those are factors. I have ran pioneer radios now for 5 yrs, competiton systems, and always got more points in competitons vs the keenwood I was running!
brand_x_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:48 PM   #5

Pioneer or Kenwood?

I ended up going with the Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X792 and like it a lot. It's the first Kenwood I've ever had (always had Alpine) and I'm not disappointed. I would have stuck with Alpine however the Kenwood has a lot more functions and features and twice the warranty. I can't tell a difference in the sound quality between the two brands, they're both awesome.
hemi ram 08 is offline   Reply With Quote