new sony deck and energy speakers - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
bigbluehemi

new sony deck and energy speakers

well this is gonna be my lttle write up long story short...my kenwood x859 gave out....i bought a new Sony Gt720 cd/mp3 deck and energy enc 650cv component speakers.

Sony Gt720

well i personally like this deck and would highly recommended it...the screen is bright and easy to read buttons are simple and the remote is easy to use and straight to the point,the deck sounds great and has selectable button colors and front aux in and a rca in out back,also 4 volt pre outs for front rear and sub i do believe and independent sub woofer control. my only problems are few...i miss the rds my kenwood had..meaning the name of song and artist comes up while the radio is on..and the adjustment n the eq bands.

Energy Enc650cv
great speakers and got them at a super bargain.they sounded great in the store and now also ...the more i use them the better they sound.they are 6.5's in the 6x9 hole..but with a few new holes they fit just fine and cleared everything...the crossover features a selectable 0,-3 and -6 adjustment on the tweeter,the speakers also has a mount so the tweeter can be mounted coax style like i did or the tweeter can be mounted remotely with supplied mounts(flush and angled) i would also recommend these speakers.i do have to say the tweeter is very very sharp..i had to set the crossover in -6 and my treble on -4....normally i had it on +10 and my mid on -10..but this setup sounds very natural so its all good.downside is the list price is a little steep at 299...but compared to other in its class its pretty good and the other they are exclusive to future shop...and i forgot to mention that klipsch(spelling?) owns energy speakers

now for some pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
bigbluehemi

Deck
Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
bigbluehemi

deck at night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
bigbluehemi

the speaker with grill
Old 12-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
bigbluehemi

without grill
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
bigbluehemi

back on..nice polished back...and yes u can clearly see your reflection
Old 12-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
bigbluehemi

speaker in the door...looks liek a very crappy install put it clears everything and is in there very snugly
Old 12-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #8
bigbluehemi

the x-over
Old 12-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #9
bigbluehemi

the only noticeable thing a single bolt down inside the ....i dunno slot? on the side of the door panel
Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #10

Congratulations, you got yourself a set of top of high end speakers.
Now you should fabricate some adapter to properly mount them, it's really easy using 1/2" MDF and the stock speakers as templates, and if i was you i would mount the crossovers on the outside, they deserve to be seen
sppb is offline   Reply With Quote