My sub/amp setup - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 09-22-2008, 12:36 AM   #1

My sub/amp setup

Here's a few pictures of my setup. I had this in my car but after some research and boredom, i decided to get a box and stick it in my truck.

The Amp is a Crossfire 600D. 600 watts RMS @ 12volts, can push a little over 900 watts RMS if the alternator will hold a steady 14.4v.

The Sub is a 10" Atomic Quantam Series Dual 2ohm voice coils wired down to 1 ohm.

I loved this setup in my car, it was in a vented box and would hit as low as 12s. But in this smaller sealed box, it doesn't hit as low, but has a nice responsive thump to it, which is fine with me because i don't listen to much rap anyways.

I think i'm gonna try to find a piece of diamond plate or something simular and fab it up to bolt to the two driver seat bolts that will cover up the amp wires, kind of a kick plate i suppose. Any ideas?

christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 07:07 AM   #2

My sub/amp setup

Well you could do the diamond plate cover, but if you had the wires ran under the amp instead of to the sides it would clean up the look alot more, get some 1/2" bushings to put under the amp and put the screws through them, then you can have the wires under the amp and it looks super clean, think you will be alot more pleased! Just an old installer trick from my old days!
brand_x_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #3

My sub/amp setup

i was more concerned with people putting there feet all over the wires and pulling something lose instead of the looks.

crossfire made some center pieces that let you connect two amps together to make it look like one bigger amp. i got one of those from my local shop and put it on the end. it's gonna do good protecting all my wires.

any of you guys have any experience with polyfil?? is it worth it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #4

My sub/amp setup

I used polyfil before and never seen mutch difference in the sound but I know some setups can benefit from it more than others eliminating or reducing standing waves inside the enclosure, you just have to try it for yourself, its pretty cheep so make sure you use plenty of it
sppb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #5

My sub/amp setup

We used to use fill material like cotton pillow fill. It made the sound waves think the box is bigger than it is. We could pad just the back wall from the speaker and it would help a good bit.
Hemiguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #6

My sub/amp setup

I'll have to try it out.
I'm dreading pulling the speaker back out of the box. It's got a huge 90oz. magnet on the back of it, and it was fun wiggling that thing into this box.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #7

My sub/amp setup

LOL, Those things can be beast. What really sucks is if you strip out the screw holes from removing the speaker to much.
Hemiguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote