Much better Sound - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #1

Well after much debate and research, i went with a DD. I had already replaced all the speaker's and added a powered sub, which gave a some improvement. But it left me wanting more. I did'nt care for the way a single din look in our truck's. Also the factory amp had to go. So i started gathering the part's to put a DD in. Went with a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT head unit and an MRP-F300 Alpine 4ch. 50watt amp. My speaker's are 2ohm so the Alpine is rated a 75watt's for 2ohm. I saved some money by not getting the pac harness. I found one at Auto zone for $ll to get me what i needed at the radio for power. Then i just ran new speaker wire from the amp and tapped into the factory harness at the amp for the door speaker's. The dash speaker's are run off the head unit.

After getting it all in and a good starting point on the tuning, I'll have to say it is a Big,Big improvement over the factory set-up. I'm very happy with the way it sound's. Still messing with the tuning and it may take some time to figure out all the setting's that the Pioneer head unit for all it can do. It was well worth the money.

Also want to give a Big Thank's to Weedahoe for his sweet bezel and all his help. It was a pleasure dealing with him and his great customer support. Sorry for beeing so long winded. lolol Here's a couple pic's on how she look's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0440s.JPG (72.3 KB, 96 views)

TooCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #2

Well after much debate and research, i went with a DD. I had already replaced all the speaker's and added a powered sub, which gave a some improvement. But it left me wanting more. I did'nt care for the way a single din look in our truck's. Also the factory amp had to go. So i started gathering the part's to put a DD in. Went with a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT head unit and an MRP-F300 Alpine 4ch. 50watt amp. My speaker's are 2ohm so the Alpine is rated a 75watt's for 2ohm. I saved some money by not getting the pac harness. I found one at Auto zone for $ll to get me what i needed at the radio for power. Then i just ran new speaker wire from the amp and tapped into the factory harness at the amp for the door speaker's. The dash speaker's are run off the head unit.

After getting it all in and a good starting point on the tuning, I'll have to say it is a Big,Big improvement over the factory set-up. I'm very happy with the way it sound's. Still messing with the tuning and it may take some time to figure out all the setting's that the Pioneer head unit for all it can do. It was well worth the money.

Also want to give a Big Thank's to Weedahoe for his sweet bezel and all his help. It was a pleasure dealing with him and his great customer support. Sorry for beeing so long winded. lolol Here's a couple pic's on how she look's
Old 06-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #3

One more pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0439s.JPG (76.4 KB, 86 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Man, that looks awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00badges.jpg (106.6 KB, 80 views)
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Director Emeritus

Garage
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #6

Thank's guy's!!! I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Also found a place with good quailty amp install kit's and rca's. Price's are very reasonable and good customer support. Here's a link incase someone is in need.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/
Old 06-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
David

Garage
I've been thinkin about a DD. How tricky is It to install? Does the reg harness work?

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by ATXHEMI:
I've been thinkin about a DD. How tricky is It to install? Does the reg harness work?
Not to hard once you've done one. You have to cut out the top of the plastic insert above the radio. Piece of cake with a hack saw blade and only take's about 5min. The hardest part is getting the bracket's to line up with the right tilt and the head unit sticking out of the dash to your liking. I got Weed's brkt. kit and started with that. Had to drill some new hole's in it to get the right amount of head unit sticking out of the dash. Playing with the brkt. to get it just right was the most time consuming of getting it right. I got a harness at Autozone that matched my pin out. Connected it into the factory harness and then just tied the head unit harness to that. I was just going to tap into the factory harness with posi-tap's but for $11 i left it untouched. I did tap in at the amp harness though for the door speaker's. I already had tapped the front speaker's for the sub,so i only had to tap the back door speaker's. I ran rca's to the sub, so i just reused the wire's and tied them into the new amp.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #9

Carbon fiber looks great in your truck!

MSD 8.5 Super Conductor wires, Airaid CAI, Superchips 3865,
Homebrew E-fan, Custom 2.5" Dual Exhaust with merge Y & 22"
Magnaflow SIDO, Sonnax pressure booster, Stant 190 stat, Fastman TB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Blue: 1988 W100 4X4 Standard Cab Longbox 318 188,000 miles
==================================================
NewBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #10
David

Garage
Thanks for the info TC. It looks great.

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote