Is the stock stereo worth keeping. - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #1

Is the stock stereo worth keeping.

I was thinking about upgrading the stereo in my truck just a little but I dont want to change the actual deck in the dash board. I have found that putting in a fancy deck usally leads to theft so I was thinking about adding a small amp, better door speakers and a small sub set up to the stock deck to keep that stock appearance. I have the single CD player with SIRIUS. Have any of you guys tried this or am I just waisting my hard earned money????

Rowhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
onemarine02

i also have the stock radio in my truck running to 2 10in kicker subs with 1000 watt amp with a campacitor... it hits good enought to ride arounf town and everyone thinks you have a stock system... hollar at me if you have any other questions???
Old 12-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #3

EMS HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #4

the stock h/u is the low part in my trucks stereo system anyway. I got the single cd/sirius radio in my 07. I just upgraded to the kenwood dnx-5120 (7" screen, dvd, nav ) and the stock speakers sound waaayy betteer than before. I will end up changing speakers eventually but for now its sounds so much better than than with the stock h/u.
Jhrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #5

i have the stock head unit in my truck with a autotek amp and an autotek 15 and it works great for me. with the amp in their u can turn the bass all the way down on ur radio so ur speakers sound better but the bass still comes outa the sub. if u dont wanna do it ur self u can go to ur local car audio place and theyll put in what u need to hook an amp if u dont wanna do it ur self. but id say do it i was the same way with detroit not to far away thease trucks get stolen daily and i dint want somthing more flashy in the dash. plus i think it looks cleaner
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #6

I think it is worth keeping. But that is just me!
rdsetgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #7

I kept the factory head unit but upgraded the 4 speakers and added an amp. You can get a line-out converter to run RCA cables to the amp.
Mike Of Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #8

Whats a line out converter and where do I get one?
Rowhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #9

its basicly a box that splices into ur speaker wire as inputs to it and rca outputs. ive seen em with more than 1 output for more amps to. i got mine done at a place called soundsecurity its just a local car audio place by me it was like 40$ and 20 to install or somthin. i tried to do one my self and it was just a mess but if ur into that stuff more power to u.i belive u can get them online to. i would recomend going to a car audio place near u and priceing it out.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #10

heres a pic of one i just googled the pic no price or nothing i dont know nothing about it but the generaly look somthing like this but all depends on the brand.