6x9 speakers - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 10-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #1

6x9 speakers

blew both my speakers in my 04. i think. how to check if theyre blown? also what are good replacements? qaulity but affordable. even upgrade froms stock would be cool. also read somethingg about the amp behind dash making it tough to swap? is it not a poisitive and negative swap?

whitedodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #2

front door speakers* also curious of good back door speakers and its an 04 qc
whitedodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #3

Garage
I have put several different types of cars and trucks but personally I like Alpine. In my 04 QC I replaced everything, they were blown anyway, with Alpine type R 6x9s in front and 6.5 in the rears. The stock size is 5.25 I believe I just ordered the wrong ones but I got them to work. I also went ahead and hooked them up to and Alpine 4 channel 400w amp just for shits and gigs. I love the way it sounds but its a more expensive rout. The Alpine Type S's that I have had before in a blazer sounded great with the factory head unit. The infinity 6x9s I had were enough to run by themselves for a 92 lesabre I had when I was in highschool. Currently in my 13 ford sc work truck I have pioneer 6x8s I believe that I picked up from Walmart. All depends on what you want to accomplish with them and how loud you like your music. Sonicelectronix.com is where I go for knowledge and info when it comes to anything audio related. Good Luck
nsorenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
John

Garage
I have Polk Audio Speakers, DXi 691ís front doors, and DXi 651ís rear doors on my 2007 QC. I ordered them from Crutchfield, they can assist you in a wide selection of speakers to fit your truck.

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
Enormous Member

Garage
If you have the infinity system, make sure you order speakers that are 2ohm and not 4ohm. While 4s will work without issue, you'll be leaving some volume on the table due to the impedance mis-match. Doesn't matter who you get them from, just make sure they are 2ohm

2005 Hemi Ram Sport RC 2wd Yellow. 340RWHP, 350RWTQ
Comp 268 cam, P.I.E. Milled & Ported Heads with 2.02/1.65 Manley backcut valves, Compression bumped to 10.5:1, 6.1 Springs & Pushrods, Pacesetter Longtubes, 87MM Moe's TB, VaraRam Hemi Under Glass Ram Air Intake, PATC flexplate, 46RH Conversion By Martin Saine w/Full manual VB & 3500 stall convertor, Diablo Tuned by Jay Greene, Dual 3" Exhaust w/ SpinTech 5000 series dual in & out muffler (dumped)., Taylor Shorties, Spindle & Flip 5/7 drop, Energy Suspension Urethane bushings F & R, SRT 20s, Cal-Tracs, Street Scene Grill Inserts, Hurst 1/4 Stick floor shifter, SRT-4 Seats, Belltech Street Perfomance Shocks......this all started as an exhaust replacement/upgrade & new tires project. WTF !?
Hugh Jassole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #6
John

Garage
Contact the people at Crutchfield, they will tell you exactly what fits your truck, and it's free. I like them because they include everything needed to install the speakers you choose. I received the adapter wiring connectors for my Poke Audio speakers free of charge. Other places wanted at least $7.00 a piece for these adapters, so I saved at least $28.00 right there.

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote