2012 Double din - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #1

Garage
Does anyone know if a double din (such as a Pioneer P4300-DVD) will install in place of a factory cd/mp3/sat radio on a 2012? I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new bezel like with my 2007, but I'm thinking I might.

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #2

Garage
Does anyone know if a double din (such as a Pioneer P4300-DVD) will install in place of a factory cd/mp3/sat radio on a 2012? I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new bezel like with my 2007, but I'm thinking I might.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
Farrrrrr East Coast

Garage
will need a dash kit (~ 25$) and the can bus adapter which is like 180 for it to work right...other than that yeah it'll fit

NewfieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 01:22 AM   #4

Garage
A dash kit is much more acceptable than a bezel. And I'm hoping that 180 is supposed to be 18.00? lol
Old 08-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #5

Garage
So I see now, that was not a typo. I called an audio shop and they want $150 for it. What does this expensive piece of wire do? I'm guessing what it doesn't do is make the UConnect, voice controls, and factory satellite radio work with the new unit because that would just be too great.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Farrrrrr East Coast

Garage
your facotry harness does not supply a 12v+ ignition wire,also allows you to use factory amp so it does that lol....alot of stuff runs through the stereo in newer vehicles, im not 100% what else it does..i used a 15$ harness on my 08 and ran a 12v wire from the fuse box to the new radio....worked fine for the 2 years i had the truck...but i didnt have a factory amp so there was no issue. chev is the worse, all the warning chimes are through the radio...and some have the oil change warning and that stuff also through the radios

NewfieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote