2011 Ram Crew Cab Kicker 15" L7 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Mobile Electronics and Entertainment Systems

Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #1

So i am wanting to install a single Kicker 15" L7 (just because i want a 15) Under my back seat of my 2011 Crew cab. My ideas are including seat spacers and making a custom fiberglass box that takes up the entire under neath of both the rear seats (door to door and back to front) including the extra height from the spacers. The box can go part way up back of cab and stick out the front of seat a couple of inches. I had a 2005 quad that i reversed the rear seat mounts so back seat would fold down and am wondering if this is the same on my 2011? My amps and cap will be mounted on back cab wall. I have plenty of power just needing airspace. Does anybody know how much airspace i could squeeze out, if i made a box like this?

2011 Red Crew Cab Hemi Ram 1500
RealMenDriveTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #2

So i am wanting to install a single Kicker 15" L7 (just because i want a 15) Under my back seat of my 2011 Crew cab. My ideas are including seat spacers and making a custom fiberglass box that takes up the entire under neath of both the rear seats (door to door and back to front) including the extra height from the spacers. The box can go part way up back of cab and stick out the front of seat a couple of inches. I had a 2005 quad that i reversed the rear seat mounts so back seat would fold down and am wondering if this is the same on my 2011? My amps and cap will be mounted on back cab wall. I have plenty of power just needing airspace. Does anybody know how much airspace i could squeeze out, if i made a box like this?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

I have seen several aftermarket boxes that are claiming 2.0 cubic feet or more total, that do not look like they will be as large as mine. does anybody know someone that could make a specific ported box for the L7 like im wanting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
David

Garage
Any custom audio shop should be able to do it. It wont be cheap though. I took mine to Custom Sounds to see how much a box for my 12" JL W3's would be. They said 600 just for the box and then more to install everything. Your box would be bigger so maybe more.

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote