Hemi Truck Club banner

Oil filter on the 2014 1500 is PIA!!!

Tags
qst
3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mopar Bob 
#1 ·
1st oil change today at 1200 miles. Went 5w30 full synthetic. Holy cow is that oil filter a PIA!!! I went from the bottom and dropped it twice and it got hung up on the wiring and it dumped at least a quart of oil on me...

Next time I'm going to try to come at it from the front over the cross member. Maybe I can get a peach can over it that way to catch some of the oil.

I'm seriously considering a relocation kit... but there's nothing to mount it too! All the fenders and flat surfaces are thinner than Tupperware and made out of the same plastic...

How much are those Tundras again? :trash:

#3 ·
I think it's the switch to the electric power steering unit. It's really just not easy to get out or to cover up with anything to catch all the oil spilling from it. I ordered a transdapt 1113 relocation kit. We'll see how that goes next time around, if it fits at all...

#5 ·
:thumb:

#11 ·
Not sure it's got anything to do with the EPA...

It's got louvers behind the grill that close down above 45mph, an electric power steering unit to reduce engine drag, a disconnect on the front axle for 4x4, (they may all have already had that) and the 8 speed auto tranny among other things.

They are using the principle that if you do 10 things that each add up to a 2% MPG gain, that's a 20% increase in MPG.

I'm pretty surprised it's so good actually because I have the 3.92 gears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.