Hemi Truck Club banner

5.7L oil filter relocation?

12K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any company that makes an oil filter relocation kit for the 5.7L?

Changing the oil on a 2014 1500 is a PIA of the first order. There is just no way to do it without soaking the steering box and your arm in hot oil. The problem is the new electric steering box just leaves no room to get the filter off.

#4 ·
I use some heavy duty aliminum foil formed to direct the oil. Just throw it away when you're done.

#5 ·
Got a Transdapt 1127 off Amazon. It's for a 22x1.5 thread, so it should fit. Need to test that and then find a place to mount the remote filter. There is just nothing made of metal forward of the axle to mount on! Maybe a bracket off the front skid plate...

#7 ·
The Transdapt 1127 WORKS!!! I mounted the remote filter to the down brace that supports the front bumper.

It now runs a Fram PH8a filter. (XG8) which is a much bigger filter than the 10060.

The only real difference I have noticed is that I used to run about 55-56 psi going down the freeway and now it's running 49 psi. The lowest it goes warm at idle is 35 psi. So I think all is good!

Should take about 30 seconds to get the filter off now with no mess.

#9 ·
I'll snap a few and see if I can post them up here or somewhere...

The 2 mods I made to the kit are I used some high temp white locktite gasket stuff (the stuff Harley recommends for the transmission drain plug) you could use white high temp Teflon tape too, and I used four 3/4 inch hose clamps to make sure the hoses stay put. So far it's working great!

#10 · (Edited)
Transdapt 1127 filter relocation questions?

Hello,
I know people haven't posted to this thread in a while, but I was hoping to get some info from some fellow readers. Also, this is my very first post to HTC.

So I just ordered the 1127 filter relocation kit from transdapt, because I just want oil changes to be a breeze again, as this is my first V8 motor. I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the hoses bursting or leaking while the oil is on the hotter side of operating temp? Apparently the hoses from the kit are rated to 300psi, but only 212F....
Not sure about all of you, but my truck runs at 197-208F while at just about half way between the cold and hot lines of the guage, (oil temp).

If I were to use different hoses, which material is a great high temp oil line, and would you recommend the -10AN fittings instead of the supplied brass fittings? Thanks !

#11 ·
:WelcomeBanner1:

Good to have you here on the forum. :thumb::thumb:

I am not aware of any issues with the kit. Maybe someone that has installed a relocation kit will pipe in and share what experiences they've had.

I'd like to make that modification as well. :D

#14 ·
I use the stock filter setup. Read were a guy said he uses a plastic bag around the filter and the excess oil goes in the bag and desposes all wrapped up. For my fuel and trans cooling lines I use AN fittings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.