Hemi Truck Club banner

whats the best way to clean the throttle body?

5K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 ·
My truck suddenly has a nasty sporadic idle and spits and sputters on take off. Sometimes it even stalls. Im not getting any codes yet but im thinking it might be time to clean the throttlebody or possibly a crank or O2 sensor.

#2 ·
I have found taking the TB off the engine and using a bush with brake cleaner works the best. Do not directly spray where electronics can get wet. Use a cloth to wipe it all down. Repeat, do not soak or get the electronics wet. It'll look brand new....

#4 ·
----------------------------------------
It should be ok after cleaning...if not new ones are simple plug-n-play and a quick way to upgrade performance a little if you choose to do so... :dance:.

:thumb:

#6 ·
the struggle is real

#7 ·
Well my check engine light finally came back on and I have
P0132 = O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 high voltage (this one shows up twice)
P0133 = O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 slow response
And of course I still have emissions small leak but that one has been on for 2 years...lol

#9 ·
Yep, sounds like a bad O2s.

#12 ·
:prayersent:

#14 ·
You can try swapping them to see if the code follows.

#15 ·
Greg, he's in our 1 O2 bank boat. (03).
Unless this is on his Rango.

#16 ·
I thought the single O2s was strictly a 03 NGC thing. Always learning something...

#22 ·
Can't have too many grounds. I'm grounded PCM to the head to the TB to the battery chassis ground.

#23 ·
Between plastic intake parts and especially in dry air static electricity buildup can occur which if discharged through the tb actuator can cook it from what I've read on it.

#27 ·
The theory is the manifold is plastic and the only ground to the TB is internal in the plug and is referred to as a sensor ground. Many have attached a wire to one of the TB's mounting bolts and grounded it to the PCM or head. I had a wire from the PCM mounting bolt to a head and then to the TB assuring I had them all grounded together. I now have a metal manifold and only have the pcm grounded to a head.

Reactions: jwberry
#29 ·
:bow:
That's the best ground there is....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.