Hemi Truck Club banner

Tires Choices?

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  grown in Tx 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm gonna be needing new tires soon and was wondering what size low profile i can use without having it mess up the speedometer or the gear ratio? Or should I just go with a wider stock size tire? I was wanting a wider tire for better traction

#2 ·
If you change the height of the tire it with throw off the speedometer unless you reprogram the pcm with a tuner or get it flashed at the dealer.

#3 ·
What size do you currently have?

#4 · (Edited)
The stock P275/60/20R goodyear wrangler. My rims match my truck so I don't want to change rims to accommodate. What's the best affordable performance tire to put on these trucks? It's never gonna go off-road(as sad as that sounds) it's a street truck, I accepted that when I fell in love with it on the test drive.

#8 ·
I'm running Nitto NT420s 285/50-20

#9 ·
I used 285/50-20 at one time and really liked the look. They are 31" tall, same as the factory 17" wheel.

Reactions: grown in Tx
#12 ·
The Nitto 420S is a good option for sure. I have sold a pile of them and they perform as well as they look.

Reactions: grown in Tx
#15 ·
this is true and I love mine but, if you need these to be winter tires, you will not be happy with them. Fair weather tires only. On the other hand, a Kuhmo ECSTA in the same size has been a very effective winter tire for me.

#14 ·
#17 ·
Thanks for all the input. I'm south of Houston, there's not a lot of winter elements to deal with in s.e Texas, plenty of rain though that's something I'm considering when choosing a tread design is channels for water. There's 3 tires that keep popping up and the price isn't bad on any of them. I'm not sure of the rim width, I'll check that out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.