Hemi Truck Club banner

Spark Plug Info Help

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 ·
It's that time where I'm going to have to swap plugs and just need some info on what you guys are recommending and some opinions. On a side note, the truck seems to have a slightly rough idle, will this help at all?

#8 ·
Good idea. Advance and O'Reilly's like to compete. O'Reilly's sold me the sixteen 5306s for a bit under $27 to beat Advance's $30 price. My first set came from Advance for $28, but they wouldn't ship for free, 'cause the computer thought the plugs weighed 28# each :D It took a manager to open up the order long enough for me to place it. Then they went back to 28# each. 450# of spark plugs! :rolleyes:

#9 ·
I totally agree, it make no "cents" to over do the plugs.

#10 ·
Unless its a race motor, then it is worth it.

#13 ·
Just finished putting them in and what a major PITA haha. I ended up breaking/ripping two boots on different coils when they got stuck on the plug. Then as I was trying to take them out with pliers, they kept on ripping - farther and farther down. Thankfully the parts store was still open and I was able to run out, pick them up, and finish the job. Wasn't what I call fun, but overall I'm just glad that I was able to finish and then treat myself to an ice cold beer hahah. Thanks again for all the help that you guys have given to me.

#16 ·
Waste of money imo. They also get bad reviews for fouling up and going bad quickly. NGK is the way to go :thumb:

#17 ·
I just saw a advertisement for the E3 spark plug. It had all kinds of things flash across the screen. But the only thing shown that used a spark plug was a lawn mower. IMO, save your money.

#19 ·
E3s were originally designed for lawn mowers.:trash:

Have not heard many good things about E3s and Hemis. I have used NGKs since 04 and they haven't let me down.

Bohica, ensure you use dialectric grease in side the boots. Helps with conduction and makes it easier to remove the boots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.