Hemi Truck Club banner

Plugs

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  morgancal 
#1 · (Edited)
2003 Air Raid CAI and Flowmaster exhaust

Checking the plugs today and this is what they look like. Previous owner installed champion RE14MCC4

Are these the correct heat range plugs ? Do they look lean ?

See less See more
#3 ·
With modern fuel injection the plugs do look lean. Use the search function "spark plugs" and you will have more information then you probably want. If I'm remembering correctly heat range 4 is stock, 5 for the newer engines and a few bolt on's. There's a lot of info available.

#4 ·
Thanks,
I checked and these plugs were installed about a month ago

#6 ·
I recently checked mine they looked the same as yours. normal

#7 ·
Plugs look normal. The champion plug you stated is cross reference to a NGK 5306 which is a hot plug But factory. Heat range is 4. Here is the link if you want it for NGK Cross over https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9891

Next time you do plugs I would Personally go with NGK $1.89 from Rockauto.com
Just a personal preference. I've noticed NGK plugs are more consistent when doing plug pulls and there heat range. Ive tuned a lot of race cars and run only NKG. Also noticed an improvement on my 07 ram Hemi when I switched to NGK plugs.

#8 ·
Here we go again...

#10 ·
Long story lol. Plugs are a touchy subject rite now lol. From what I can tell you from experience.

Favtory 5.7 2003-2010 ram I know for sure use the heat range 4 or hot. The ngk tr5 plug is shorter and works well for minor boost applications. If you go crazy like me lol you need something colder and I would run only brisk non projected tip (thanks bill). Brisk plugs come in heat ranges from 4-16 for all out nuts applications. For everyday normal eng run the 5306 plugs. Greg and I just went thru a plug debacle lol that's why that statement is there. We both discovered the hard way what plugs are to short and why.

#11 ·
I don't think I'll forget any time soon that 25mm equals an inch.....
Been reading about protruding tips verses non-protuding tips. Protruding tips provide a more efficient spark. But can suffer from blowout sooner than non-protuding tips. I guess it needs to be determined at what level of Boost does this become a factor.

#14 ·
I also enjoy the information provided---Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.