Hemi Truck Club banner

PCV Valve Replacement

74K views 75 replies 17 participants last post by  Red Baron 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when you are supposed to change the PCV valve? I pulled mine off and it was covered in oil and had a buildup on it. I cleaned it off and put it back on. Thought I heard somewhere that if you shake it and it rattles pretty good then it needs to be replaced??
This is what it looked like.

See less See more
#61 ·
I tried the other day to remove mine, just to look at it and clean it if necessary. I cant get mine out. Even took a pair of pliers and tried to turn it. It wont budge. What do I have to do to get it out?

#63 ·
If you look at it there is a short ramp that pushes the pcv out of its hole when you twist it. I suspect you are at the ramp and need to twist it a little more. Maybe buy a new one and you will see what you have.

#67 ·
I did this today. It came right out. Didn't find anything on it at all. Its rattles like its suppose to. Reinstalled it. On a side note. I did install a drop K&N air filter tonight. Anxious to see what if any gains I get.

#65 ·
Be careful what you spray on your engine, some are extremely flammable. I learned that lesson fortunately on my lawn mower and not red.

#74 ·
03 uses a pcv. 03 doesn't have a egr valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.