Hemi Truck Club banner

Oil Filters

15K views 57 replies 16 participants last post by  Mrs.Studmuffin 
#1 ·
Coming over from Cummins forum, if you searched it, there was a lot of info on types of oil filters--some better than others (eg Fram)

Baldwin
Donaldson
Amsoil

Some of the names thrown around. Same here?

#47 ·
Yes you can. Good job too. I like the t-shirt method.

My family owns a farm in Oregon and we have an old 59' John Deere if I remember correctly. She's still running, we call it old pop pop cause that's the sound it makes when it's running.

#48 ·
My old boss had a '59 730 diesel. Super fun tractor to drive with the hand clutch and non-synchronized transmission. Those old girls would separate the men from the boys in a hurry! :coolsmiley: lol

#50 ·
I used to work for Wix. They are now owned by Mann + Hummel, who also owns Purolator. When you buy a Wix filter now, it might be made in Gastonia or Dillon, SC or even in Fayetteville, NC (Purolator). There’s even a good chance it was made in China by a Wix affiliate or purchased from the lowest cost supplier. Do your homework or buy one and cut it open if you want to be sure.

#52 ·
Little over 10years I got my first Hemi and started using Amsoil. I didn't believe all the claims so I started to have my oil analyzed. Reports came back showing that the oil was still good. I was doing lots of Highway miles for my job and wound up changing oil around 20000 miles. The reports said that the oil was still good and it looked beautiful. I have used Amsoil in the 08, my wifes 06 and now my 2016. I have been retired for s few years and now don't put more than 10,000 miles on my truck in a year. I change it ONCE a year.

#55 ·
I too use AMSOIL. I switched from 5W20XL to 5W30XL in 2019, I find it works really well in my 07' Quad Cab 1500. I retired from military service, after 36+ years, in 2011 before that I changed my engine oil, and Mobil 1 oil filter ever 5K miles, since retirement I change it once yearly.

#57 ·
NOTE:
Champion Laboratories, Inc. is the Private Label Supplier for Over 30 Private Label Automotive and Heavy-Duty Filter Lines.
We are a producer and distributor of a full spectrum of filtration products, from premium retail brands that are sold to many of the nation’s top automotive retailers to world-class, competitively priced products supporting nationally known private brands.
Champion Laboratories offers a full range of OE filtration solutions including air, oil (spin-on and cartridge), cabin air and fuel. Many of the world’s top vehicle and engine manufacturers rely on our quality and expertise for their OE filtration needs.
Our products are the preferred installed and aftermarket filters for several major manufacturers in the automotive, motorcycle, marine, heavy duty, small engine and powersports industries.
The AMSOIL oil filter is basically the same as the Royal Purple extended life oil filter. The only difference is that the AMSOIL filters cost more and don’t sport a fancy purple paint job. If you need further proof, they are both made by Champion Labs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.