Hemi Truck Club banner

Fuel Tank

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
I am looking for a place to buy a new fuel tank for my 2004 1500 5.7L. Anyone know a good place in Texas?

#2 ·
theother :WelcomeBanner1:

...and welcome to the TEXAS CHAPTER OF HTC :thumb:

Someone should be along soon to help with your question; several HTC members have repaired and / or changed their fuel tanks.

:thumb:

#6 ·
welcome, I would definitely try a pick and pull. I'm sure the dealer's price would be high. Google dodge ram gas tanks and you will see reproduction.

#7 ·
tank

Thanks, I have been looking around for pick and pull. I never plan to buy parts from the dealer due to the inflation of costs or unless I just can not find the part any where else.

Does anyone know a good online store for these parts with decsent pricing?

#8 ·
#10 ·
So the reason i asked about the fuel tank is I thought there may be something wrong, but it does not seem to be the case, however; I am searching for a picture of what the fuel pump connection that plugs into fuel pump from the truck electrical. I know what it is, but I want to be sure that everything looks correct before putting it all back together. I have looked in the haynes manual, but it does not show what I am looking for unless I am just lost of where it could be.

Thanks in advance.

#11 ·
#14 ·
Thanks I did a search too and came back with nothing, so I decided to take a picture and see if anyone here can tell me if it looks right or not.

Let me know if anyone has an idea if this is right or not.

The four wire connector is the power for fuel pump (two outside wires) and gauge (two center wires). I looked for my pictures, but I don't have a good one sorry... it all very straight forward.

#15 ·
Thanks. So I took a shot and plugged it back in to test that the pump would cycle and it did. I have a feeling that the connector os just becoming too loose after 11 years of being on the road. In the near future I will have to get it changed out so that it does not leave me stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks again

#16 ·
Use a wire tie, or RTV. Fortunately it isn't necessary to pull it down all that often...

#18 ·
Wire ties seem to be my best friend. lol

#22 ·
If you can identify the plug, it will be $35-$55 at the dealer. Not worth it in my book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.