Hemi Truck Club banner

Fuel pump

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
tonight i was sitting at a light and my truck shuddered and stalled and wouldnt restart. it turns over fine when turning the key. my 06 5.7 truck has 149000 mile with the original fuel pump. what are the odds the the pump when belly up? i know the gas gauge has been acting up the past few months. sometimes it will show full, then if i restart it it may show half a tank. i know its not out of gas because i just filled up 2 days ago and have only went about 100 miles.

thanks

#3 ·
Do you hear it run when you first turn the ignition on?

#5 ·

Hope that's the actual case - my cousin recently had a mechanic diagnose the fuel pup as a problem for his F150. Wanted to charge him $900 to replace it. He had weird feelings about the bid - took it to a buddy and it turned out to be a bad relay ($18 part).

I hate no starts. They're pretty hard to figure out sometimes.

#8 ·
Good job...

#9 ·
fuel pump confusion

Back on January 15 I had to replace the fuel pump on my 06 Durango after that it started up and ran great then about 3 days ago I was pulling into a parking spot at Home Depot and without warning she just stalled on me I had to push her rest of the way into spot and that was no easy task and go figure had to be snowing like crazy to I cycled the key didn't hear the pump thought maybe my new pump had some kind of defect so I replace it but still nothing and no pressure at the rail either and no check engine light I've been working on cars for about 20yrs it used to be my profession but now just a hobby, I'm running out of options so now I'm asking for some help this is my first time using this site there is power at pumping can feel the relay clicking and fuse is good I know pump works checked it before putting in, anybody have any idea what could be wrong with it please I'm desperately in need of your help I refuse to pay anybody for something I can fix well that when I figure it out

#14 ·
Thank you that's what I was thinking had a disagreement last night about that with someone else I only chased wires to first connection on frame he said wasn't any need to go farther I didn't think it sounded right but I'm not a huge fan of electrical I'll find it though thanks again

#15 ·
Totally agree with Keith, simple circuit but a PIA to chase....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.