Hemi Truck Club banner

Brakes

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  charged392 
#1 ·
Well I'm just about to come up on 110k miles,on my 04. Purchased it in 2010 with 57k an have only put front pads on it so I figure I should address it sooner than later. I would like to do a lil upgrade from stock unless it's a lot more to do but not really knowledgeable on the subject so any help would be appreciated on what to go with

#3 ·
Agreed, it's what I used.

#5 ·
Or how about the flying mile? :D

#7 ·
Haha stock brakes and a chute...... ;)

#10 ·
I could get excited over making a run.

#11 ·
If I wanted to do a standing mile run I think 4.56s an my tiny tires will equal a blown trans by around 110-115 again..... LOL

So what should I be looking to replace? Rotors, calipers? Sorry this is one subjective never really messed with. I figured new fluid an pads is a deff yes. Need to do my rear end diff fluid one of these days as well

#12 ·
If anything get drilled and slotted rotors they will help a little over stock. But if you change everything might as well get new pads and rotors they are cheap enough. A brake flush is a good idea too suck the master out then fill with new and open a bleeder and let Gravity drip for awhile or do a brake bleed style flush but that will need a partner.

#15 ·
got one of those laying in the garage for my ram :)

#16 ·
Yep, been on the to do list for a while....

#24 ·
I don't think there is a down side using HydroBoost except it might cost a couple ponies....

#25 ·
Get all the parts from a diesel in the third gen range and it will literally all bolt directly Into the truck. There is no down side it will stop better and it will always have pressure. Using the srt brakes will only make it stop easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.