Hemi Truck Club banner

Brake pads

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
Replaced the front brake pads on the Rumblebee this morning.

No issues there, but now when I depress and release the brake peddle, there is a clicking sound from under the dash. cant see anything wrong, but like crooked pictures on a wall, strange noises drive me nuts.
:confused:Any ideas?????????

#2 ·
That's one I haven't heard of before. Is there any feedback from the pedal? If you push the pedal by hand will it click? Maybe take the lower dash panel off and see if you can identify the noise?

#3 ·
Saturday 8.40 am
Morning Greg. Being as supple as a steel girder I squirmed under the dash and gave the problem my full attention. I think its connected with the brake light solenoid. Push the brake pedal down that releases the little button which activates the brake lights. Pushing the button in and out makes the clicking noise. Doesn't affect anything other than my imagination which works overtime dealing with dumb stuff.

#4 ·
Tui, I certainly understand what you are saying. Nimble I'm not lol...
I haven't messed with that switch which actually has three sets of contacts if I remember correctly. One set operates the third brake light, another sends a sense to the pcm and the third I think controls a relay for the rear brake lights. According to the manual the switch can only be set (installed) once. If removed it requires replacement. I have no idea why. You might consider locating a replacement. I know I wouldn't be able to resist shooting a little WD40 on it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.