Hemi Truck Club banner

03 1500 5.7 hesitates on takeoff

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Hugh Jassole 
#1 ·
in the last few days have noticed it hesitates on takeoff with very little throttle. as soon as i press the gas ,it is ok. have also been getting code po-132.replaced the uptream 02 sensor with a bosch. can anyone help?

#2 ·
:welcome-0005a: to HTC :thumb:

Are you still getting the code after replacing the O2 sensor?
if so, was it a pre-wired one, or did you need to splice it in?

#3 ·
welcome... Normally I would ask when were the spark plugs changed last and have you cleaned the TB. But with the code I would inspect the O2s wiring /plug. Clear the code. If the code comes back change the O2s.

#6 ·
hesitating hemi

changed the plugs 5,000 miles ago with cheap ones. whats the best plug to use? also, no code yet but it has come up a few times so far.i have read on the net that bosch 02 sensors are not good to use on these trucks and to only use ones from the dealer- true or false?

#8 ·
That's a high voltage code. Disconnect the O2 sebsor and check the trucks power supply. Using the 02 sebsor wires as a corresponding grid check the truck for 12 v on the 2 white or black wires the truck plug would go into and .4-.9 on the blue and black/white wires.

#10 ·
High Voltage often indicates open circuit. The front sensor is different than the rear sensor. For sensors I would stay with the dealer.

#11 ·
NTK is our stock sensor manufacturer. You can get them fairly cheap @ RockAuto. They are exact replacements

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.