New Computer - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI Marketplace > General merchandise (not Hemi specific)

Old 09-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
john

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to wolf_with_the_red_rose1969
New Computer

well i order a new laptop computer Sunday, after mine of 7 years finally went out, it stop reading CD disk, and i got a virus, and had to reformat the hard drive,, it was beat to **ll any way, the whole right side was broken out, the front where the wireless button is was broken out, the edge out the right side was loose, the screen had lines in it, and it had stop read DVD years age.and it just stop ready regular CD's Saturday but it was the last thing my dad got me for Christmas before he died,so i am probably go to fix it someday ,,, well wouldn't u know it the day wal mart ships my new one, i find one at bestbuy i like better, i had a price range of less than 400, and moms is buy it for me, got to love mom, i guess she felt sorry for me, with my disability in my back and mental state i spend most of my time online, and all i need is something to surfer internet, well there are both Toshiba, my last was a toshiba, {the one i got has a 15.6 in screen with a 500g hard drive and a Intel Pentium Dual-Core Mobile 2020m cpu, thats at walmart by the way and it is 348 plus tax}, {the one at bestbuy has 17 inch screen with a 750g hard drive and a AMD Quad-Core A6-6310cpu for 379 plus taxs} there both have dvd burners 4g of ram expandable to 16gs. walmart offers a two year service plan for 51 dollars witch includes McAfee Anti-virus Protection for 1,,,, in which i did get,,, bestbuy a 1 year service plan for 99.99. i still thank i got a good deal thro..... now the waiting is just killing me

wolf_with_the_red_rose1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
john

Garage
and by the way if you are looking for a new computer send me a message telling me what you are lookin for and i well look too love doing that type of stuff i can find some good deals include a price range
Old 09-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
Adam

Garage
I'd say 7 years for a laptop...you got your money's worth. I've crashed 3 computers in 4 years for work (running a lot of large programs). Won't consider anything but quad-core now.
Spike Lug Nut Covers
Debadged
3" Exhaust w/ AT3030XL
UnderCover Tonneau Cover
Rhino Lining & Under Spray
Bully Dog Triple Dog Tuner
04hemisportedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #4
john

Garage
i agree with you for the most part on the quad-core processor, and it does have a bigger screen and hard drive,,,, but i DIDN'T SEE IT TILL AFTER the other was shipped, and walmarts service plan is longer and cheaper and the free antivirus is 1 year were the best buys is 6 months, if i would see the one at best buy first there is a good chance i would have got it instead ,,,, but i thank i got a good deal and i can chance the processor on the 2020m later if i want were i couldnt with the a-6. i looked around alot before decided on the one, the main thing i was lookin for was expandability on the ram,,,, the way i look at is i can get around most of the other aspects, but ram,,,, and most of the ones in my price range only expand to 8gs some would only do 4g,,, but these both go up to 16g..