home computer's - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI Marketplace > General merchandise (not Hemi specific)

Old 09-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
john

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to wolf_with_the_red_rose1969
home computer's

ok I wanted to ask you all's opinion on internet search engine platforms i.e. internet explore, Firefox, etc. I just have tried had to use Firefox, it looks the same to me as i.e., any advantage of one over other, witch do u prefer, just wondering

wolf_with_the_red_rose1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Matt

Garage
For internet browsers I prefer firefox. It is capable of running faster than IE pending you have a computer with enough RAM to run it. It does take more memory to run firefox and if you have a middle to low end machine it will actually make it run slower and/or freeze. If you have a mid to high end machine (4 GB RAM or more) I would recommend firefox with the adblock plus add-on. The adblock plus add-on really makes firefox worth switching to. If you use facebook all the ads you would normally see along the side will not appear or even load, really speeds things up and uses less data which is handy if your internet provider charges by data usage. Most of them have gone to that now. I've heard good things about google chrome too but I've had such good luck with firefox that I've never tried it.
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

MANual_puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #3

aviator is based on chrome and is a good one if you want to block ads by default. I usually use firefox or opera

Opera browser - The alternative web browser - Download free

https://www.whitehatsec.com/aviator/
03TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
john

Garage
cool the funny thing is i using a old computer till my new one gets here and it is very out dated windows 98 1 gag of ram exec and it seems to run better with firefox
Old 09-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #5

Yes, it will. It will run better if you run linux instead of win 98 too.
03TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
KEN

Garage
Matt is it hard to change browser? I have ie but thinking of going to firefox if I can figure out the how to.
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
Matt

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA-HEMI View Post
Matt is it hard to change browser? I have ie but thinking of going to firefox if I can figure out the how to.
Not difficult at all. Here's the website for Mozilla Firefox:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

There's a green button on the right side for the free download. Once it's downloaded to your desktop you have to run the installer. IE will be very unhappy with you at this point and keep telling you that it's not the only browser and if you want it to be the default, you'll have to set windows to use firefox as the default browser. Mozilla's website has detailed step by step instructions and some screen shots to help guide you through.
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

Old 09-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #8
john

Garage
here's another question on one of my laptops i just reformatted it has windows vista if i wanted to run firefox am i goin to have to run all the updates for vista i.e wants me to
Old 09-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #9
Matt

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_with_the_red_rose1969 View Post
here's another question on one of my laptops i just reformatted it has windows vista if i wanted to run firefox am i goin to have to run all the updates for vista i.e wants me to
If you don't have it set up to auto update Windows will use the default browser to ask you to update. Updating is usually a good idea because it updates security which helps minimize the chance for virus infections. If you switch to firefox and set that as default browser Windows will want to use that for updates.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #10
john

Garage
sorry my bad i met if i wanted to change to linux would i still have to run all of vista's update too