Hemi Truck Club banner

Gears

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a set of G2 4:56 gears, I was just curious if there are any that people favor over others? I didnt pay a bad price for them compared to what i have seen for sale is the reason I got them and read a lot of good reviews about them. Seems like recently I have read more bad reviews than good lately which is making me second guess my purchase

#5 ·
You mention a $1000 for the install. The question is what does that include? Labor only? Two master install kits? Fluids? Does it include the 500 mile check and fluids? Wheels seals are a good addition at the time of install, but are not part of the install kits and have to be bought seperate. And how many gear sets has your mechanic installed in a 9.25 axle? If none then he most likely doesn't have the correct tools for the job. What guarantee does he offer. The gears are often damaged with a bad insall. Who pays for the new set? There are lots of things that need to be understood before handing over your truck.

#8 ·
Don't buy gears based on price.
Buy based on quality.
I would use, Nitro, Motive or AAM.
Some gears like usa standard(aka yukon/randy) may be lacking lapping and that can wind up having a noise.
I had a customer 2 weeks ago come in with some non lapped cheap gear, and it has a noise when going between load and coast.
That cheap gear is not cheap anymore since now the aam set is 300 and the labor AGAIN.

#9 ·
I already have G2 gears sittin in my garage. Hope I don't have any problems with them. My old boss has Yukon and hasn't had any problems yet. He has had them over 2 years now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.